Joining and using Whiteboards.io just keeps getting easier! The first half of 2023, we focused on new signup and login flows (more than 120 user paths to cover!), and improvements to Whiteboards’ Jira toolset. You sent us ideas for enhancements, and we delivered. Here’s what’s new.
- You can now access editing options for Jira issue priority, summary, assignee, and status from the main card toolbar.
- All edits made to Jira issues — whether in Jira or Whiteboards — are now two-way synced with no delay because we’ve introduced webhooks into our solution.
- We redesigned the Jira authorization screen to improve your connection process.
- Using the Jira side menu, you can now search and filter issues without writing a JQL query—search issues by type, status, or assignee. And an improved UI enables you to manage your Jira backlog more efficiently on the issues panel.
- But don’t worry! If you’re super into JQL, we’ve kept the option to search with it inside the Jira panel.
- In the GitHub side menu, you can now sort and filter GitHub items through their type (pull request/issue) or other criteria (your pull requests, open issues, etc.).
- View labels, tags, statuses, repositories, and assignees in the new UI for GitHub cards.
- You can update and edit the title of an issue/pull request directly on the board.
- Now you can convert every sticky note on the board into a GitHub issue in just two clicks!
Signup and login flows
- The redesigned signup and login flows make the process intuitive and quick, requiring only a few necessary details. (And you’ll find new in-app onboarding too!)
- You can now create an account or log in with a Microsoft account, a new SSO option in Whiteboards.io.
- Now you can verify your email with a code instead of clicking a link in an email.
Collaboration & sharing
- You now have the ability to switch between organizations or create and join new ones directly from the dashboard. Simply click your profile picture and select what you’d like to do.
Help & Support
- Easily access the Help Center and contact Support directly from the board. You can browse all our help articles without leaving Whiteboards.
- Explore lots of new templates dedicated to running the Daily Scrum on Whiteboards. We based them on user research and our own experiences so that you’ll have different options to test with your team. Get the scoop on that here. We’ve also released a helpful template for checking assumptions about your product, along with a guide and best practices on our blog. Once you’ve mapped the assumptions, conduct a gap analysis to uncover areas for improvement in your project. Here’s a guide on how to do this right.
- We’ve changed the board creation flow, so now it automatically opens our template library when a new board opens.
Stay tuned for Jira toolset improvements, deeper integrations, new power apps inside Whiteboards, and data-driven boards. We’re redesigning our dashboard and improving board management with folders. Throughout these efforts, we’ll focus on the overall UX and a new test engine, so you’ll find working with Whiteboards more productive (and fun)!