What is the Action Plan template?
Once your meeting or workshop session ends, use the action plan to help you distribute tasks to your team. Operate on a ready-made template to define your next steps.
Write down on sticky notes all your teammates’ names, list out tasks and work items, and specify the deadlines. Use different colored sticky notes to distinguish them between individuals or projects. If you’re ready with task distribution, turn stickies into Jira tickets with two clicks and continue your work.
What are the benefits of the Action Plan template?
Thanks to the Action Plan template, you can:
- Create a plan on how to complete projects quickly and effectively when working together as a team.
- Keep your work organized and ensure that nothing important is missed or omitted.
- Assign tasks to specific people as soon as the workshop, brainstorming session, or meeting ends without having to meet again just for the distribution of the work items.
- Set clear deadlines for each task or milestone to keep the team on schedule.
- Lay out tangible steps necessary for achieving long-term and short-term goals.
How to use the Action Plan template in a few steps?
- Insert the template on your digital whiteboard to plan out the next steps after your meeting ends.
- Add sticky notes with your teammates’ names in the first column Who?. Use different colors to know which stickies apply to which person.
- Add sticky notes in the second column What?. Describe concisely what each person should do.
- Add sticky notes in the last column When?. Write down deadlines for when specific tasks are expected to be fully completed.