What is the Affinity Estimation template?
Identify all of your customer’s problems and determine their aspects. Group ideas similar to each other into categories and see how they’re connected to other issues. Create an affinity card for each group describing the entire set of ideas.
Group initial affinity cards into broader clusters. Continue the process until the affinity cluster becomes too broad. Complete the affinity diagram by placing the cards on your virtual board and drawing borders around each cluster. Get a complete insight into the problem thanks to the resulting diagram.
What are the benefits of the Affinity Estimation template?
Thanks to the Affinity Estimation template, you can:
- Find a relationship between your ideas and concepts by unifying vast amounts of data after a brainstorming session.
- Simplify complex issues and arrange them in a more digestible and manageable format.
- Discover patterns that echo the problems and needs of your users and get a better understanding of issues these people encounter.
- Reach consensus across the team by backing it with real data.
- Group many ideas related to each other into the same category with the help of your team’s creativity.
How to use the Affinity Estimation template in a few steps?
- Open the Affinity Estimation template on a new board or add it to an already existing one.
- Invite your team to the board by sending them an online email invitation or sharing the board URL.
- Join the audio and video call on the board to talk with your team during the affinity estimation process.
- Add the import zone underneath the To Be Estimated column to add your Jira work items to the whiteboard. Specify the Jira site, JQL filter, limits, and arrangement of the Jira issues. Click refresh to add the tasks to your board.
- Add the update zones with specified settings underneath appropriate columns on the board. Drag and drop Jira work items to selected zones to automatically update them.