What is the Annual Calendar template?
Focus on your team’s or organization’s growth and objectives for the upcoming year. Reflect on what you want to achieve in the next 12 months and mark your small- or large-scale projects in appropriate quadrants. See at a glance what you will spend most of your time and energy on throughout the year.
Treat the annual calendar as a visual representation of commitments and goals. Mark events, milestones, or deadlines with handy sticky notes and reprioritize them whenever needed. Get a sense of key priorities and ambitions for the months ahead and document where the majority of financial or human resources will be spent.
What are the benefits of the Annual Calendar template?
Thanks to the Annual Calendar template, you can:
- See how the day-to-day work helps you reach the goals and objectives.
- Communicate to the whole team what needs to happen and when it needs to happen as well as let everyone know what the outcomes should be.
- Get a birds-eye view of your company’s overall success and growth path.
- Create a clear plan for the 12 months ahead to keep everyone accountable.
- Share the annual plans and deadlines easily with your team or stakeholders to let everyone see what’s planned for the future.
How to use the Annual Calendar template in a few steps?
- Open the template on a new whiteboard or add it to an already existing one.
- Start writing down events on sticky notes and place them in appropriate months, weeks, or days. Stretch their corners if certain events take place over several days. Use the color coding method to differentiate various events from each other.
- Add arrows or lines to combine tasks resulting from the others. Place comments next to sticky notes that need further discussion or clarification.
- Convert the most important sticky notes (according to your objectives) into Jira epics to continue your work.