What is the Customer Journey Map template?
Step into your customers’ shoes and fully understand their needs, challenges, and pain points. Get a broader view of the journey that visually depicts how the buyers go through your sales funnel and what actions they take at each step. By doing so, you’ll get a better perspective and valuable insights into the expectations and preferences of your customers.
Identify buyer personas and their goals to better understand who they are, what they do and why, and what their requirements, problems, or challenges are. Do it by collecting customer data from surveys, groups, or interviews to specify various types of customers, their goals, and the touchpoints via which they interact with you. Compare the results to understand actions taken at different stages of the sales funnel.
Plot various stages of the entire customer journey to purchase your service or product. Include problem identification, information research, options consideration, queries to vendors, and, finally, the purchase. Represent visually how the customer interacts with your business at various journey points. Review your customer journey maps regularly and update them to ensure they correspond to the latest customer preferences or market changes.
What are the benefits of the Customer Journey Map template?
Thanks to the Customer Journey Map template, you can:
- Understand customers’ challenges and pain points to improve their experience and optimize sales or marketing strategies. Place every single step on sticky notes to see the paths and missing points.
- Get a birds-eye view of the path your customers take when interacting with your business.
- Identify inconsistencies or service gaps in your product or buying process you wouldn’t have noticed otherwise.
- Observe your customers’ behavior patterns, predict how they will behave when moving through your sales funnel, and foreknow who is more likely to convert.
- Discover whether it’s easy and logical for your customers to interact with your business and engage with your brand.
How to use the Customer Journey Map template in a few steps?
- Open the free Customer Journey Map template on a new board or add it to an already existing one.
- Invite your teammates to the collaboration session by sending them an online invitation or sharing the link to infinite canvas. Hop on a virtual audio-video call on the digital board to create a comprehensive customer journey map.
- Start with the first swimlane, Stage. Write down on sticky notes the main phases of the customer experience. Be concise with your notes.
- Move to Steps and note down all customer actions during their journey through your product.
- Add sticky notes with quotations or feedback from your customers and place them in the next section, Thoughts. This content might help you better customize the customer experience in the future.
- List out all the Actors who perform the specific steps of the customer journey.
- Write down all the Touchpoints in the second to last section. These are all interactions that influence the way the customers feel about your product.
- Add emojis representing Emotions that accompany your customers at every stage of their journey, whether good or bad.
- Convert sticky notes into actionable Jira items at the end of the customer journey mapping to start working on improving their experience right away. Present the results of your work to your management board, other team departments, or interested stakeholders.