What is the GO Product Roadmap template?
Create a strategic plan for your product that you want to develop, focusing not only on the new, powerful features but also being oriented on the goals. Put the objectives and outcomes at the heart of the plan, but treat the newest software additions as matters of secondary importance. Map out a high-level visual summary of your product’s direction and communicate what’s behind it.
The structure of the template consists of:
- Date — State when you will meet your goal.
- Name — Create the name of your project, so everyone will know what you’re working on.
- Goal — Identify the desired outcome your project should bring over the coming weeks or months.
- Features — Prepare a list of essential features or product capabilities to reach your goal.
- Metrics — Determine if your objectives were met by looking at the specific measurements and if the product created brings any value to your customers.
What are the benefits of the GO Product Roadmap template?
Thanks to the GO Product Roadmap template, you can:
- Focus on developing new features and achieving the goals in a novel way, making it ideally suited for agile teams.
- See how your products might evolve over the upcoming weeks or months.
- Promote prioritization methods within your team and groom the product backlog more often and effectively.
- Set clear expectations for your product and align development teams and stakeholders.
- Reassure the customers about your project’s lifespan in case of a public roadmap.
How to use the GO Product Roadmap template in a few steps?
- Invite your entire team to the whiteboard by sending them an email invitation or sharing the board URL.
- Hop on a quick video call with all participants to be able to discuss different matters during the event.
- Start your ideation session by setting the timeframes or release date in the first row using the sticky notes.
- Fill out the rest of the available options with ideas or statements. Write down your project’s name, goal, features, and metrics.
- Take the last few minutes to discuss what you have on the roadmap and transform the best ideas into actionable Jira items to start working on them right away.
**This template has been originally created by Roman Pichler. The canvas is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 4.0) license. Source: http://www.romanpichler.comUse this template