What is the Magic Estimation In T-Shirt Sizes template?
Get a clear overview of your processes, the accuracy of the casted votes, and the complexity of your backlog items. Evaluate numerous work items in a relatively short time using t-shirt sizes as your estimation value. Gather with your team on a digital whiteboard and run an efficient and productive estimating session.
Conduct the estimation session in complete silence to remain unbiased during the process. Encourage everyone to participate in a thorough discussion after all estimates have been revealed to understand their reasoning. Break down tasks into smaller work items if their delivery is too complex in their current state. Re-run the session to make sure you reach the final consensus.
What are the benefits of the Magic Estimation In T-Shirt Sizes template?
Thanks to the Magic Estimation In T-Shirt Sizes template, you can:
- Estimate a significant number of Jira issues in a reasonably short time.
- Conduct an unbiased estimation session as participants are encouraged to cast their votes in silence.
- Assign appropriate estimates to Jira issues, making it easy to spot where the delivery will be complex or straightforward.
- Group work items with similar difficulty and effort levels.
- Understand your team members’ train of thought when estimating work items.
How to use the Magic Estimation In T-Shirt Sizes template in a few steps?
- Open the Magic Estimation In T-Shirt Sizes template on a new board or add it to an already existing one.
- Invite your team to the whiteboard by sending an email invitation or sharing the board URL.
- Join the audio and video chat with your teammates to see their faces and talk to each other. Add camera stream cards to the board or show your video next to your cursor. You can find these settings in Call Options.
- Add Jira issues to the Product Backlog section using the import zone feature. Define the JQL filters and then refresh the zone so new Jira issues will appear in the designated box.
- Drag Jira issues to the next frame, Ordered issues. Place issues with the smallest effort on top of the axis and drop issues with the biggest effort at the bottom.
- Add update zones to the columns in the Estimation frame, set the filters, and see how the Jira tickets change once you drop them into a chosen column.
- Start the estimation session by asking the first team member to choose one Jira issue and place it in an appropriate column: S, M, L, or XL. The next person can silently estimate a new Jira issue or change the previous estimate by moving the ticket to a different column. Take turns with your team until all Jira issues are placed in corresponding columns. Whenever a discrepancy appears, discuss and re-estimate.