What is the OKR template?
Set ambitious, achievable, and challenging goals for you and your team to work towards in the upcoming month, quarter, or year. Track your progress, create alignment across team members, and boost engagement around goals. Objective Key Results, in other words, OKRs, will help you represent team- or company-related milestones you will need to meet in a designated timeframe.
List out significant, concrete, and action-oriented objectives that your employee will (ideally) be inspired to work on. Objectives are things that you want to accomplish. To show how you’re going to do it, also prepare key results. Good KRs are specific, verifiable, but foremost realistic.
Grade or score OKRs in accordance with an agreed-upon method amongst your team. Track and control them regularly and meet with your team for a general overview at the end of the cycle. Adjust changes accordingly to your goals, needs, or constantly changing market.
What are the benefits of the OKR template?
With the OKR framework, you can:
- Create a space for a convenient discussion and define and write your objectives and key results with your entire team.
- Determine owners, priorities, and deadlines of your tasks or milestones and conduct regular check-in sessions.
- Provide needed clarity, enhanced communication, and transparent organization-wide strategy across your entire company.
- Boost individuals’ engagement and willingness to work through the goal-setting process.
- Capture cross-functional dependencies across teams and let people know at which stage of projects they will be involved.
How to use the OKR template in a few steps?
- Reserve time and create a space for your monthly, quarterly, or annual OKR planning session and invite your team for discussion.
- Open an empty or pre-filled OKR template and write all ideas or tasks on sticky notes. Alternatively, make the most of the two-way Jira integration and use the import zone to pull backlog Jira issues directly onto the whiteboard.
- Drag and drop tasks in appropriate columns on the OKR planning template during a cooperative video call with your team.
- Define assignees, priorities, and deadlines for all available columns.
- Turn stickies into actionable Jira items by clicking on them and choosing the Jira button or place update zones with appropriate filters on available columns to update automatically once an issue is dropped there.
- Run regular check-in calls with your team to ensure your objectives will be reached within the estimated timeframe.