Meet with multiple teams of the Agile Release Train, also known as ART, to discuss and plan the roadmap, deliberate on new feature releases, and identify the dependencies between teams. Scaled PI Planning sessions can help your dispersed team collaborate in the same virtual room to debate possible risks and solutions.
Clearly define goals for the upcoming PI Planning session and highlight any learning from the last event. Explain the mission and vision of the increment meeting to relevant team members. Make sure your goals, objectives, and milestones are aligned with the actual end-user needs and market dynamics. Schedule timely meetings with key stakeholders and team members in advance, so everyone expected can attend and also be prepared.
Program increment meetings can help align all ART teams toward shared goals. PI planning session gives you a set of practices that enhance project quality, boost team productivity, and promote employee engagement. It allows organizations to focus on innovations, develop new ideas, and support existing solutions.
With the PI Planning template, you can:
- Collaborate with all agile teams on the same whiteboard and establish better face-to-face communication across all team members and stakeholders with our audio and video chat.
- Align development processes with business goals, context, and vision and plan out the work for the next program iteration within handy tables dedicated for each team.
- Meet with multiple ART teams to identify cross-team dependencies between tasks by connecting them with lines or links, plan out the roadmap in swimlanes, and deliberate on new features using comments.
- Mobilize all dispersed teams under a single umbrella to discuss possible risks and dependencies and work towards a resolution. Host planning sessions in real-time or let people work asynchronously.
- Create a continuous value for end-users by utilizing PI planning to make quicker decisions and iterate faster.