What is the Pre-Mortem template?
Start your risk analysis with a general summary of what could go wrong with your project. Be sure to highlight all the different factors that could lead to undesirable events. This exercise can help your team understand the impact of the issues on your project, system, or overall organization and provide a better context for in-depth analysis.
Make the most of the pre-mortem template and treat it as an opportunity to dig into details and learn from potential mistakes. Allow your team to identify the root causes of incidents and focus on finding the perfect solutions. Once your incident analysis-based action plan is ready, monitor the progress of your tasks on a virtual whiteboard thanks to update zones and two-way synchronization with Jira.
What are the benefits of the Pre-Mortem template?
With a pre-mortem project management template, you can:
- Prepare a list of problems on sticky notes or text blocks that might occur during your project’s lifetime and find solutions to prevent them in the future.
- Brainstorm all factors and root causes that might lead to an incident and discuss them with your team during a video chat.
- Use the voting feature to figure out the biggest risks to a project without blaming anyone for a problem.
- Find solutions to incidents upfront by getting all project team members to think proactively.
- Determine the next steps of your project by feeling a lot more confident in your chances of success.