Arrange your agile backlog to release new features and provide iterations in an easy and simple way. Organize the items accordingly to their importance or preferred color-coding. Place the most essential items at the top of the product backlog to let the team know what needs to be delivered first. Visualize dependencies with lines or arrows.
As a product owner, serve as a connection between different teams at your organization. Re-prioritize the work in case of any additional customer feedback, changing estimates, or new requirements as long as they’re kept to a minimum and don’t disrupt the team’s focus, flow, and morale. No need to push the work to the team — your teammates can pull the issues from the backlog by themselves. Feel free to close out-of-scope issues once the backlog outgrows the team’s capacity. Check the product backlog and regularly maintain it before each iteration planning meeting.
With the product backlog template, you can:
- Prioritize the list of work deriving from the roadmap and its requirements for your team.
- Pull work from the backlog onto the board with a JQL filter instead of pushing it to your teammates.
- Transform customers’ feedback into work items to effectively start working on them and deliver new solutions.
- Tidy up your backlog by dragging issues into appropriate update zones to ensure prioritization is accurate and iterations have been introduced.
- Prompt healthy debates and choices, keeping in mind not everything is a top priority.