What is the Product Launch Lifecycle template?
The Product Launch Lifecycle template is a comprehensive exercise that guides businesses through the intricacies of launching a new product. It provides a structured framework to plan, execute, and evaluate each stage of the launch process, ensuring a coordinated and effective launch strategy. By detailing critical steps, timelines, and responsibilities, the template facilitates streamlined collaboration and equips teams with a roadmap for successful product introductions.
The template consists of columns and swimlanes corresponding to the appropriate teams and stages of the product launch. The teams included in the template are the Product, Marketing, and Customer-facing departments. The steps of the product launch are Research, Design, Build, Launch, Test, and Iterate.
What are the benefits of the Product Launch Lifecycle template?
Thanks to the Product Launch Lifecycle template, you can:
- Plan a step-by-step seamless product launch and make sure no critical steps get overlooked.
- Facilitate cross-functional and cross-departmental collaboration by providing a shared roadmap to all your coworkers.
- Identify potential bottlenecks or challenges before they escalate and reduce miscommunication.
- Outline the entire launch process clearly, helping teams adhere to deadlines and milestones.
- Align the launch with market trends and consumer demands, enhancing the product’s positioning for better reception and success.
How to use the Product Launch Lifecycle template in a few steps?
- Open the Product Launch Lifecycle template on a new whiteboard or add it to an already existing one.
- Start a video call and add your camera stream to the board to see and talk to your team members.
- Add the import zone anywhere to upload already-created Jira issues to the board and place them in appropriate columns and swimlanes. If needed, write down additional ideas or remarks on sticky notes and convert them to Jira (or GitHub) issues to start working on them right away.