What is the Product Vision Board template?
Run workshops with your team or hop on an individual session to create a board with your new product’s vision. Start by writing down the purpose of developing a product and asking what positive change it will bring to you or your customers. Make your notes on virtual stickies whose colors can correspond to different sets of ideas.
Continue your work in the remaining columns by describing, visualizing, and validating your vision and strategy. Decide who exactly your target group is and which market segment your product addresses best. Make notes of problems that can be solved thanks to your great product vision and what actually makes it stand out from the crowd. Ask yourself what benefits the product brings to the company and name your business goals.
Create your goals and vision at a high level without focusing on product details or personas yet. Such a move might help you and your team be creative and drive greater motivation. Change tactics when you realize they’re needed during development.
What are the benefits of the Product Vision Board template?
Thanks to the Product Vision Board template, you can:
- Communicate your ideas and the benefits of new products at a high level without focusing on your personas or other product details yet.
- Develop a new vision of product features, concepts, or objectives while also envisioning a product roadmap for upcoming months or years.
- Center the discussions about your product around your customers and users and develop strategies that will bring them value.
- Improve the final results of your projects by keeping them accurate to your original concepts, goals, and vision while preventing scope creep.
- Focus on developing the features that will result in a better and more successful final product.
How to use the Product Vision Board template in a few steps?
- Open the Product Vision Board template on a new board or add it to an already existing one.
- Invite your team to the board by sending an email invitation or sharing the board URL.
- Document a vision of your product on a sticky note by asking yourself what the purpose of creating this product is and which positive change it brings to your customers.
- Continue to another column and start writing on new sticky notes which market segments your product addresses and who exactly your target consumers and users are. Change the color of the sticky notes if you want to differentiate your ideas.
- Take another set of sticky notes to describe what problems your product solves and what benefits it brings.
- Ask yourself what your product exactly is, what makes it stand out, how difficult the development process might be, and write down your answers and insights on new color-coded sticky notes.
- Write down the business goals on sticky notes in the last column.
**This template has been originally created by Roman Pichler. The canvas is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 4.0) license. Source: www.romanpichler.comUse this template