What is the Project Planning template?
Embark on a project with a strong plan and turn an intangible idea into reality with the help of a virtual board. Present complex ideas and explain project objectives on a comprehensive map. Organize goals, tasks, and resources before assigning and executing them by appropriate people.
Facilitate communication in your team by providing a central source of information about a project. Share the plan with your stakeholders and update them about any progress. Effectively plan out the scope of the project and monitor its status. Manage project risks and use the generated feedback for the next project planning phase.
What are the benefits of the Project Planning template?
Thanks to the Project Planning template, you can:
- Comprehensively and clearly define project objectives, milestones, or schedules, thus boost the team’s performance and success rates.
- Plan a successful project completion and eliminate wasteful activities, delays, or unexpected scope creep.
- Improve team communication for smooth project execution.
- Use and allocate resources effectively and appropriately by doing a cost-benefit analysis for each project so planners will not distribute them randomly but do it with purpose, based on intelligent forecasts and with the project’s goals and KPIs in mind.
- Involve your coworkers in a project and encourage them to contribute their perspectives, experience, and skills.
How to use the Project Planning template in a few steps?
- Open the Project Planning template on a new board or add it to an already existing one.
- Divide your project into smaller steps and write its parts on separate sticky notes in the first column. Distinguish the different phases of your planning process using various colors for each sticky note.
- Enter the appropriate months’ names in the top swimlane to know the timeline in which you will work on a particular project with your team.
- Add sticky notes with appropriate action points to the timeline. Drag their edges right or left to present how much time will be needed to complete a particular phase.
- Add sticky notes with team members’ initials next to the appropriate project’s phases to know at a glance who’s responsible for which part, let it be research, design, development, etc.
- Convert sticky notes into actionable Jira items with a few clicks to keep your workload in that instance as well.
- Review your project planning on a regular basis to know if you and your team can keep the deadline. Present the timeline to your client using frames or presentation mode.