What is the SMART Goals template?
Provide a sense of direction, focus, and motivation by establishing a target you aim for. Treat the SMART Goals template as a help guide in the goal-setting process. Incorporate clear objectives that will help you concentrate on the efforts and increase the chances of achieving them.
Provide answers to the listed questions by keeping in mind that your goals should be:
- Specific — promptly defined with unambiguous and clear understanding;
- Measurable — with specific criteria that will help you track your progress;
- Achievable — challenging but possible to achieve;
- Realistic — within reach and relevant to your business needs or team’s capacity;
- Time-bound — including a starting and target date.
What are the benefits of the SMART Goals template?
Thanks to the SMART template, you can:
- Aim for your goals to be as specific as possible by answering the five “W “questions — who, what, where, when, and why.
- Define the measuring criteria and determine whether you’re on the right track to reach your goals.
- Set achievable and attainable objectives to figure out how you’re going to accomplish and work towards them.
- Take into consideration available resources and time to name your goals realistic and reachable.
- Make your goals time-constrained by giving them their start and finish dates to make you feel a sense of urgency and greater motivation.
How to use the SMART Goals template in a few steps?
- Open the SMART Goals template on a new board or add it to an already existing one.
- Start writing SMART goals in appropriate brackets by answering SMART questions:
— What needs to get accomplished, and who will be responsible for that? What steps do I need to take?
— How will I know I have reached my goal? How will I recognize my indicator of progress?
— Is the goal possible to achieve and accomplish? Do I have enough resources to execute all the needed steps?
— Is my goal realistic and reachable? Am I willing to put in the work to achieve my goal?
— Do I have a clear deadline to reach my goal?
- Check up frequently to make sure you and your team stay on the same path and react accordingly.
**The SMART template has been inspired by Atlassian.Use this template