What is the Timeline With Facts And Feelings (Retrospective) template?
Invite your team to a retrospective event to identify all positive and negative aspects of cooperation between team members. Ask them to reflect on the last sprint (or any other time frame you choose) and write down all the feelings that accompanied them during that time. Add facts and events to the timeline to reflect on them as well.
Conduct the retrospective session in a friendly atmosphere where everyone can share their honest opinion. Follow the exercise with a discussion about insights from the time interval you focused on. Improve future cooperation by agreeing on what your team wants to start, stop, or continue doing.
What are the benefits of the Timeline With Facts And Feelings (Retrospective) template?
Thanks to the Timeline With Facts And Feelings (Retrospective) template, you can:
- Promote honesty amongst team members and invite them to express their sincere opinion about the last sprint.
- Elevate healthy and respectful relationships between the managers and their subordinates.
- Decide whether you want to follow processes that work or need to improve them for the upcoming weeks.
- Gain valuable feedback from different perspectives that otherwise would be overlooked.
- Stimulate better communication in the team and offer an opportunity for self-reflection.
How to use the Timeline With Facts And Feelings (Retrospective) template in a few steps?
- Gather with your entire team on the whiteboard and start the video call. Send an email invitation or share a link with your participants.
- Identify as many time frames as you want to focus on and place them in text blocks on the horizontal axis.
- Start writing down your feelings and facts on sticky notes. Distinguish them from each other using the proposed colors. You can do this part of the task individually or during a joint discussion.
- Add emojis on the timeline to express your feelings about specific events.
- Finish the exercise with a discussion and agreement on what your team wants to continue or stop doing.
**This template has been inspired by Fun Retrospectives.Use this template